Civil rights laws are federal and state laws that give people the right to freedom from discrimination. It’s the area of law that grants us the right to equal and fair treatment. The civil rights lawyers help us protect our rights in case of civil rights violations. You may need to meet with a civil rights lawyer if you have been mistreated based on your characteristics such as age, gender, color, religion, race, disability, or marital status.
Civil rights are personal rights guaranteed and protected by the government. Some of the most important and influential U.S. civil rights laws include:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964: ‘‘Prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.’’
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991: ‘‘Prohibits all discrimination in employment based on race, gender, color, religious, or ethnic considerations.’’
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975: ”Prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.”
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act: ‘‘An Act to prohibit age discrimination in employment. The ADEA prohibits employment discrimination against persons 40 years of age or older.’’
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963: ”Prohibits discrimination on account of sex in the payment of wages by employers engaged in commerce or in the production of goods for commerce.”
- The Voting Rights Act of 1965: ”Prohibits rejecting someone as a voter based on discrimination.”
- The Americans with Disabilities Act: ”Prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public.”
- The Equal Credit Opportunity Act: ”Prohibits credit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, or because you get public assistance.”
- The Fair Housing Act: ”Prohibits discrimination in housing because of: race, color, national origin, or religion.”
If you need help with a civil rights matter, you’ve come to the right place.AndLawyers is here to help you find a lawyer with the necessary skills to handle your civil rights issues. When someone violates your civil rights, a lawyer will help you stop these violations and repay you for any damage they have done to you.
All You need to do is:
- Submit a request to tell us about your legal matter
- Receive proposals from civil rights lawyers
- Select a civil rights lawyer who best suits your legal needs
AppearMe for Consumers offers an affordable and innovative approach to finding a civil rights lawyer. If you need any further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at (888) 900-3080 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our 24/7 customer support service is standing by to answer all your questions and provide support if needed.