Launching your new startup company is an exciting and overwhelming process. As a founder, you feel frustrated by all the work that you have to do to get your business off the ground. To succeed in business today, you need to set achievable goals, have good planning, and work hard to stand out in a crowd. Having a startup-focused lawyer by your side will help address legal risks and maximize your chances of success. A good startup lawyer will not only help you prepare all the required legal documents but also will provide legal guidance and even introduction to VCs and angel investors.
If you are looking to hire a startup lawyer, AndLawyers is a reliable and affordable platform that will help you find a startup lawyer anywhere in the country within minutes.
All you need to do is:
- Submit a request
- Receive proposals from lawyers interested in working with you
- Select a startup lawyer who best fits your needs
Having a startup lawyer is important for a lot of different reasons. For example, before creating a new company, you have to make several important decisions such as choosing your company name( Is the name you have in mind available?) and location(are there any zoning issues or local ordinances you need to be aware of?). With a startup lawyer, these decisions will be a lot easier to make.
Here are more reasons why you must hire a startup lawyer in the early stage of your business.
- Incorporating your business. There are several forms of business organizations: a Sole Proprietorship, a Partnership, a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), a Corporation), etc. A startup lawyer can help you decide what type of business structure is appropriate for your company based on your business, finances, plans, and goals.
- Partnership agreement. This agreement is essential if you want to avoid expensive litigations and resolve future conflicts(profit sharing, equity splits, decision-making, and division of responsibilities, etc)
- Employment issues. The employer-employee relationship requires documentation. A startup lawyer will prepare all the needed documents and will make sure that your operations are protected and compliant with relevant laws.
- Financing your startup. Seeking funding from investors? There are several methods of financing options, and each of them raises specific legal issues. Your startup lawyer will make sure that you close the best possible deal on the best possible terms.